Speaking 1 - Sound



1. What natural sound do you like the most? Why?
It is definitely the sound of waves crashing on the rocks. I am originally from a sea city which is located in the center of Vietnam, so you know, that sound reminds me of my beautiful childhood memories. Whenever I am exhausted, listening to the wave sounds even a few minutes bring me to a calmer state of mind.
hypnotic (adj):/hɪpˈnɑːtɪk/ making you feel as if you are going to fall asleep, especially because of a regular, repeated noise or movement
-> Hypnotic music/ sound

2. What sounds do hate the most? Why?
There are a few unpleasant sounds that I can not stand like a baby crying, chewing, screaming, but the most hated one is the sound of fingernails scratching against the blackboard. I don't have a certain answer for that but it makes me irritating and makes my skin crawl./krɔːl/

3. What sounds remind you of your childhood?
I grew up in a sea city which is located in the center of Vietnam, so the sound of waves crashing on the shore is the sound of my childhood. Whenever I am hear music sound like waves crashing, I am taken back to hot summer evening when my friends and I played in the beach, swimming, and building sandcastle.

4. What kinds of music do you like the most?
When it comes to music, I am quite easy going. I enjoy listening to various music genres, from Jazz, rock, country music. And lately I am really into comtemparory pop songs. Its rhythm and lyrics are so catchy.

5. Does your school have any quite places for studying?
Yes, offcourse. We have a small well equipped library which is an ideal place for those who want to studying in silence. It is my case. I find that more concentrated and productive with gentle background music.
-> help keep me awake and distract me from other annoying noise.

6. What are some places where there is a lot of noise?
You can hear all kinds of annoying noise on streets during rush hours and in night markets. When I commute to work everyday, I have to tolerate /ˈtɑːləreɪtto engine noise, vehical horn /hɔːrnwhich sometimes drives me being crazy. And in the night market, it is the sound of people screaming, barging.

7. Do you mind noises? Do any noise bother you?
There are some noises that make me extremely irritating like baby crying, people creaming, but the one that I can not stand is vehical horn, especially while waiting at red lights.. Believe it or not, I have never used my motorbike horn for a long time. I think engine /ˈendʒɪn/noise is loud enough to alert /əˈlɜːrt/other drivers.

8. What type of noise do you come across in your daily life?
I have to face up to a range of noise on my day-to-day life (on my daily basis). The most unpleasant noise that I can not bear is vehicle horns, especially while I wait at red lights. Besides, when I lose my concentration in working, the sound of typing also makes me extremely irritating.


Comments

Popular Posts