Speaking - Hometown

1. Where are you from?

I was born and raised in the suburb of Quy Nhon city which is located in the center of Vietnam. It is a small town with stunning ocean views. It takes my about 2 fly hours from Ho Chi Minh city.

2.Where are you living?

I have been living in Ho Chi Minh city for almost 9 years. I left my hometown for here for study. HCMC is a metropolis with millions /ˈmɪljənof dwellers /ˈdwelər/. It is considered as the most developed region in Vietnam. 

3. Are there any historical relics in your hometown?

Yes, there are my time-honored cultural relics in my home town. For example, if you are a poetry /ˈpoʊətrilover , you could visit the grave of Han Mac Tu poet /ˈpoʊət/who was the most celebrated = famous Vietnamese literary /ˈlɪtərərifigure during the colonial  /ˈloʊniəl/era /ˈerə, 19th century.  

4. Are there any historical relics in HCMC?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no special historical relics in HCMC. The only one that I can think of now is Ba Son harbor in District 1. But sadly, it was cleared to give way to the development of skyscrapers, and houses 2 years ago. It seems that the government did not respect historical values.

5. How about the cost of living in your hometown?

Compared with major cities like Ho Chi Minh city, the cost of living in my hometown is cheap as chips from food, rent to all services. We can live comfortably with average income. I guess it is because my hometown does not receive much investments from the government.

6. How about the cost of living in Ho Chi Minh city.

You know, HCMC is a metropolis with millions of dwellers, so the cost of living is extremely expensive from food to all services, especially rental prices cost an arm and a leg. It is because you know land resource is limited while every year thousand of migrants coming here to settle down and make a living.

7. How about the peace of live in your home town?

My hometown is an undeveloped provincial /prəˈvɪnʃl/town so the life pace is quite slow and the environment is tranquil and gentle. You will never see busiest cars in the street like to crowded cities like HCMC. I think it is an ideal place for those who want to enjoy simple lifestyle. (people can live a comfy and cozy life in such environment.

8. How about the peace of life in HCMC?

Compared with countryside like my hometown, the life pace in HCMC is extremely fast, hustle and bustle. People have to live under so much pressure, making a living, being success, raising children. It is quite never-racking. Besides, you should not get around the city during peak hours since there are many heavy traffic congestion.

10. What is your hometown famous for?

Recently my hometown has gained a reputation for an alternative tourist destination because of its long, blue, stunning coast. Compared with other sea cities in the central Vietnam like Nha Trang city or Da nang city, it still remains unspoiled natural beauty. Besides, a range of delicious local cuisine has also put it on the map.

11. What is your hometown famous for?

When it comes to HMCC, its extremely fast life pace, hustle and bustle is the first thing that comes into people's mind. There are a range of well-developed facilities and services. Tons of restaurants, bar, convenient stores are open all day and all night. It can be called as a city that never sleep.

12. Do you prefer moving to another place?

Even though HCMC is too cramped due to a large number of migrants, so far I have no intention of relocating. This city offers me a rewarding job with lucrative income and great promotion opportunities. I am a career-minded so I guess that I would stick with this city for a long time.

13. Do you want to live in your hometown?

Nobody knows what the future holds but so far I have no intention of coming back and settling down in my home town. Because the labor market in my hometown is a bit limited, so I don't think I could find a rewarding job there. Besides, the life there is a bit monotonous, people have few entertainment option. I prefer sticking with HCMC where has a range of job opportunities and well-developed facilities.

14 What jobs do the locals in your hometown do?

Farming is the main source of income in my hometown. People grow and harvest rice two seasons a years. Besides, it is a coastal city, so the locals also go fishing to make a living. These jobs are dependent on the weather so they have precarious/prɪˈkeriəs/ living.

15. What jobs do the people in HCMC do?

HCMC has a wide and dynamic labor market. People here do various professions to make a living such as blue-collar workers, offices, teaching, tourism, and so on. We have many international companies coming, investing here, and offering a range of job opportunities. Compared with small cities, young people find it easily to seek an stable job in this city.

16. Do many people visit your hometown?

Recently my home has gained a reputation for an alternative tourist destination because of its long, blue, stunning coast. Compared with other sea cities in the central VN like Nha Trang city or Danang city, it still remains unspoiled natural beauty. Every year it attracts thousand of tourists travelling here to enjoy sea atmosphere and fresh air.

17. Do many people visit HMC?

In term of natural beauty or historical relics, HCMC has no special feature. So there are not many people travelling here for a vacation . /veɪˈkeɪ.ʃən/But every year it still attract thousands of migrants coming here to make a living. HCMC has a wide and dynamic labor market so people find it easy to seek a stable job.
18. Would you recommend the town with people with children?
Yes, my hometown is definitely an ideal place for bringing up children. It is small town with beautiful landscape so it allows children to connect to the nature and get away from the hectic of crowded cities. Besides,


Comments

Popular Posts